I’m getting terrible at blogging. But I’m so busy, making ice cream! I know, I’m obsessed… OBSESSED! So here is another killer recipe while we are still holding on to the dregs of summer! Enjoy. Real food recipes to come… just be patient, please!
|Amaretto Peach Crumble…..Ice Cream|
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Amaretto soaked peach crumble ice cream made with coconut milk.
- 1 15oz Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Sugar
- 2 t. Vanilla
- 2 Fresh Peaches, pit removed and sliced
- 3-4 Tablespoons Amaretto
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Pecan halves
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 3-4 Tablespoons of non-dairy margarine
- In a medium bowl combine coconut milk, white sugar, vanilla. With a hand held mixer, mix together until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the peach slices and put in a shallow bowl or dish. Add Amaretto, 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar, salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix together so the peaches are evenly coated in the mixture. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once peaches have marinated in the mixture place in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring liquid to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Once peaches are cooked, turn off burner and set aside to cool.
- While peaches are cooling, pour coconut ice cream mixture into the ice cream maker per manufacturing instructions.
- With about 5 minutes left, add peach mixture into the ice cream. Let it churn until everything is well mixed.
- For Crumble topping:
- Place pecans, brown sugar, flour, margarine,vanilla in a food processor.
- Pulse until pecans are roughly chopped and everything is well blended.
- Sprinkle topping individually on each serving of ice cream or transfer ice cream into a dish and top with pecan crumble.